MTF Pitching Competition Rules, Regulations & Registration Form
Open to all Mongolian registered participants at MTF 2015, the MTF initiative helps independent TV content creators carry their projects to full completion through critical development, production and distribution stages.
Planned in partnership with Mongolia's most active production communities, the simultaneously translated Pitch Competition (English / Mongolian) includes cash-prizes that award fresh TV format ideas. The competition provides a platform to pitch promising concepts to Mongolian programming and production executives, as well as international key commissioners, who are looking for the next big thing.
This years MTF Pitching Competition expert panel of judges include executives from International Studios & Distribution companies as well as local Mongolian broadcasters.
Candidates are invited to forward original submissions by February 4
The pool of entries will be reviewed by an internal committee and narrowed down to TEN NOMINEES in total.
A qualified jury alongside a live and influential audience will select ONE WINNER and ONE RUNNER-UP based on the project's
creative vision, its originality, and the viability of the idea as the germ of a TV program that could actually be made. Judges will be looking not only for a strong idea that meets the criteria, but also for a clear, well-prepared and engaging pitch that will express the concept, the storyline and the characters that inhabit the story.
Entering the MTF pitching competition is a great way for aspiring writers and TV show creators to learn how to present a pitch to broadcasters, sponsors and investors in a limited amount of time, and confront influential professionals with their ideas.
- The pitching competition dedicated to formats will take place on Friday, February 6, 2015. The competition will be centered on fun, outrageous and innovative TV formats with crossborder potential and with a concept strong enough to become a widely recognizable TV show brand.Scripted comedy and drama are not eligible and only non-scripted genres will be accepted in the competition.
- All projects must appeal to international audiences.
- Video pitch of each project to be made available in a mpeg format (60 sec. maximum). Your ability to communicate your idea effectively is important: the production value of the video pitch is not – it could be recorded on a mobile phone camera. However, shortlisted participants can expect their video pitch to be viewed live prior to their full in-person pitch.
- Pitching is not just about presenting an idea, but it requires giving confidence in your ability to deliver a project. Judges will be looking not only for a strong idea that meets the criteria, but also for a clear, well-prepared and engaging pitch.
- Shortlisted pitchers (10 only) may use props, audiovisual material and even teaser tapes (2 min. maximum).
- Documents to submit in English or in Mongolian A 300-word outline on the project presented. Typed outline on designated field in the Submission Form attached or on a Word Document using font size 12.
A 20-word project pitch. Typed pitch on the designated field in the Submission Form attached or on a Word Document using font size 12.
A 50 word bio of the project creator / producer.
A JPG picture of the project creator / producer.
Candidates interested in entering the MTF Pitching Competition must be registered participants of MTF, must have paid the pitch competition fee of 20,000 MNT and fill out attached form and send it back by fax to + XXXXXXXXX or by e-mail to Lhagva@mongoltv.mn - Deadline is 6 PM February 4th 2015.